Subscribe on Facebook

Monday, May 28, 2012

Tales of a Wandering Mind..The Interview


Well This Time I caught up with another blogger who Even I don’t know much about But have been following her blog since the day I discovered it couple of months back, Lets know a more about Ashwini 

1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? Your blog , and your aspirations and your hobbies !!
--- Well, there is not much exciting about me. After spending 10 years in IT industry now I've turned a home maker and trying to make the most out of the spare time I have got now :) My blog is a cozy corner for me where I scribe about my experiences related to travel, music and anything that touches me either positively or negatively. I'm a music fanatic. Can't live without it a single day. I also like reading, traveling, photography and for a change baking!!
She Blogs Here  and Here 

2. How you first got involved in with blogging?
--- It started as a means to share my travel experiences in USA with family back home. Later on it expanded to cover other topics.

3. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topics?
--- Most of my posts are based on tourism, music and social issues. I always try to give something new and lesser known to my readers. So a little bit of research is required for each post. Authenticity of the available information needs to be checked. I think that's a challenging part. But it's fun and I'm enjoying every bit of it!!

4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
--- I think I was very fortunate to meet some awesome people right at the beginning. These include bloggers from Indi. I learned a lot by visiting and reading their lovely blogs. Special thanks to Arti from My Yatra Diary. She was the first to give me an honest and extremely valuable feedback.

5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style?
--- I like to keep it simple. I write what I feel. You can say, straight from the heart. I personally like conversational style of writing where the reader feels to be a part of writer's experience. I try to implement it in my writing.

6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?
--- Apart from household work I spend my time in making travel plans, watching classic movies, reading, catching up with friends and well, thinking about the next topic to blog on!!

7 .Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?
--- Frankly speaking, I haven't seen that far. But yes, there will certainly be some more interesting stuff for my readers and some more followers for me ;) 

8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?
--- See, blogging is not a business for me... at least not now. It's more of a stress buster, a hobby. Instead of calling it networking, I would like to call it sharing. The feeling of someone reading your opinion is itself gratifying. Then there are so many exceptional bloggers. Reading their posts is not just entertaining but a learning experience too.

9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.
--- Thankfully I never experienced a drought of topics as of now. So much keeps happening around us. You cannot tell what will inspire you. It can be news, a song, nature around us and even a scene on the street..... Anything can be an inspiration.

10. What’s your strategy with your blog in general , do you plan to blog , or maybe you have some samples ?
--- I don't have any specific strategy neither I plan to blog. I just pour out my thoughts as and when they come up. 

11. Any specific tips you have for newbie bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?
--- I don't think I'm mature enough as a blogger to give tips to someone!! As a friendly advice I would like to tell them to be consistent. Write honestly. Your readers are not going to "feel" the heat unless you "feel" it yourself. 

12. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
--- Content are most important. Without quality content a blog is like a plain sheet of paper. My readers are a great source of encouragement and improvement. As far as SEO is concerned it is not my cup. I don't believe in deliberately using certain words to attract the search engines. I might be wrong but I find it artificial. 

13. What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
--- The quality contents. Readers are there for the contents. If you are successful in provoking a thought in your readers or inspiring them then nothing like that. 

14. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
--- Sorry, but you are asking this to a wrong person. By the way, if you get the tips don't forget to pass it on to me. Who doesn't like making money: P

15. What book would you say has made the biggest impact on you?
--- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I understood how to make the most out of what you have at the moment from this book. Then there is biography of Swami Vivekanand by Swami Nikhilanand. It is a must-read book for every youngster. 

16. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
--- There is no strategy as such. I occasionally share my posts in Indivine and Blogadda. 

17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?
--- As I mentioned earlier, researching and verifying the authenticity of information is the challenging moment.

18. Five adjectives that describe you.
--- Individualistic, practical, sensitive, creative and stubborn. 

19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
--- Gosh, there are so many talented bloggers. There is something to learn from everybody. If I start listing that, you will have to make another post for it :-)

20. Ever been to another country or state that you liked better then where you currently live?
--- Currently I'm in USA. But I love India with all its crowd, pollution, inflation etc. No matter how it is, it is "my" country and I'm proud of it.

21. your connection with Indi and the experience ?
--- Superb!! Indi is the best thing I have discovered. It is such a vibrant community. 

22. Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?
--- Nothing specific. People have variable interests. 

23. Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?
--- Well, I'm still figuring out the usefulness of plugins. Better you suggest me some :)

24. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why
--- It is like asking a mother which child is your favorite? My posts are like my babies and I love them all.

25. What motivates you most in life ?
--- Stories of people who made their way out of difficult situations. People who swim against currents.

26.Words for me/my blog .?
--- Well, I'm following your blog since the day I discovered it a couple of months back. It conveys what I think about it. It's really awesome. The variety in your posts, the title and the blurb around it is just cool!!! I mean it, no diplomacy involved!!!

Wow , This has been a candid Interview , You have been an awesome blogger , I wish you all the best in all your future endeavors.

2 comments: