Subscribe on Facebook

Monday, October 8, 2012

Interview with "Direct Dil Se" Akanksha Dureja

1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? your blog , and your aspirations and your hobbies !!
Answer :Well, I am a girl-next door; a software engineer by profession but my passion lies in literature. Like every blogger, I aspire to write a bestseller someday. My hobbies include sketching, experimenting in the kitchen and of course writing and reading.


2. How you first got involved in with blogging , are you an imaginative person?
Answer : It all started one hot summer night when I was super irritated. I was young, and disoriented. Writing had always been something I loved but I never took seriously. The software giant Infosys Ltd plays a vital role in the making of my blog. It is because they delayed my date of joining and irritated the hell out of me, I started Direct Dil Se, as a means to vent out. I did not even know whether I would ever come back and write a second post! My readers are the right people to ask if I am imaginative or not. But, I guess I am 

3. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?
Answer :I believe life throws challenges to us, only because the one up above knows we can handle them!  I don’t have a particular genre to write about. To be precise, I write whatever excites me or irritates me. And when it is either of the two driving forces behind me, the challenges just give me a way through them.


4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
Answer :It has been 5 and half years of existence in the blogsvillie. I have come to know so many wonderful people through blogging. It is an entirely exhilarating experience to meet faces behind the blogs and I must say I have never been disappointed. I can’t name a few people, as I have a whole circle of blogger friends, maybe coz I have spent a considerable time here.

5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style?
Answer :Let’s find out who ‘someone’ is and force him to answer that question!

Rahul : Miglani : lol !! 


6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?
Answer :When I am not working on the blog, I am sulking at a software development full time job!

7 .Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?
Answer :Blogging would always remain special to me. I might be busy, but my blog is a very special part of my life, which I can’t live without.  I write for some magazines as well, and it gets hectic at times, with a full time job. Blogging, article writing, books, full time writing job or whatever might be the form, but I know I would never give up writing. Never ever.

8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?
Answer :Blogging is not a business for me. It is a way of expression. I usually post my blog updates on Facebook. Reading other blogs and leaving comments is also a form of networking, maybe the old school way!

9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.
Answer :As I said I write about everything that excites me or irritates me! And trust me, there is no scarcity of things/people which do!

10. Whats your strategy with your blog in general?
Answer :I don’t have a strategy. I haven’t ever thought about it really. I survived for more than 5 years without one, so I guess it is not really required.

11. Any specific tips you have for newbee bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?
Answer :Tips, well I have many!
i)Sms language is a big NO. Not even if you’re into mobile-blogging. It shows you’re not serious about the language and irritates a hell out of many people.
ii) Networking is important, but content is the most important thing. Never compromise on content.
iii) Leaving a comment without reading a post isn’t being smart. Its stupid and a blogger can make out when you do so.
I can go on and on, on this one, but I should better mind my own business: P

12. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
Answer :1-Content 2- Readers  3- Traffic 4-SEO

13. Whats the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
Answer :Content is the only thing, which will bring back readers. So a blogger should give his/her readers quality content. A personal touch and a reply to every comment also matters. A real connection with the readers can make all the difference!

14. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?

Answer :I am completely against putting up ads on my blog. For me, it disrupts the natural flow and distracts the readers. I don’t make any money out of my blog and I don’t intend to. So, I don’t really have the answer to that question.

15. What motivates you most in life?
Answer :The knowledge that there is going to be a tomorrow, which is still in my hands, to resolve or ruin things!

16. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
Answer :As I said earlier, I have never followed any strategy. I go with the flow, and most of the times, everything happens for good 

17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?
Answer :There are times when work doesn’t allow me to be regular on the blog.  Not being able to manage time is a challenge in itself.

18. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
Answer :How can I play favoritism with my babies!

19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
Answer :Naming a few would be really difficult. No, I am not trying to be politically correct here. There is a lot of inspiration I get from each and every blog I follow.

20. What is the story behind the name of the blog.
Answer :There is no story behind the name. There is a story behind the url ;-)

Rahul : Miglani : So you want another interview for getting us this answer !


21. your connection with Indiblogger and the experience ?
Answer :I have been on Indiblogger since the time it came into existence. But, for a long time I was not sure how and why should I use it. Today, I am hooked to them! I love their spirit and the meets they organize. Plus, who doesn’t like a few freebies: p

22.Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?
Answer :Fiction, I guess.


23.Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?
Answer :Follow Blog plugin.

24.Five adjectives that describe you.
Answer :Let me ask that to my readers. It would be fun to read what they answer : D

25.What book would you say has made the biggest impact  good or bad on you?
Answer :The Alchemist.

26.Do you get easily provoked by positive/negative comments ??
Answer :I have learnt it the hard way. Five years is a long time and now positive/negative comments don’t provoke me at all.

27.Do you plan to write a book , as every bloggers dream it is ?
Answer :Yes. Someday. Maybe soon, you never know ;-)

28.Are you a judgmental person , Do you prefer to take sides instead of standing neutral ?
Answer :If I believe in something, with all my heart I’ll always try to defend it.

29. Your collaboration with other bloggers , are you much into social networking , tell us everything about it ?
Answer :It is limited to Facebook, impromptu plans of meeting up for fun and Blogger meets.

30.What genre attracts you the most and which genre you avoid ?
Satire attracts me the most! I tend to avoid Tech Blogging.

31.Your Views on Contests and increasing plagiarism ?
Answer :Contests are okay, but should not be taken very seriously. I’ve started taking part recently only. Contests limit bloggers to a particular topic or genre, which might be both good and bad. Plus, I have seen that the posts, which promote the product/company sponsoring the contest, get special attention.  So, I don’t take them too seriously, although I participate sometimes.I hate plagiarism, truly madly deeply. If only we had a way to stop it.

32.Words for me and my blog .?
Answer :I stumbled upon Desire Vs Destiny recently, and I am glad I did! You’re doing things, the right way  I loved this concept of interviews you’re doing. It is something different and interesting. Blogging is a journey and I am sure you’ve got a long road ahead! Good Luck 


Rahul : Miglani : Thanks a lot for the wonderful answers !Guys like last season this interview is just the starting , I am roping in some surprising entries !!

Akanksha Dureja

Akanksha Dureja

blogs from New Delhi

3 comments:

  1. आप को सुन कर अच्छा लगा आकांक्षा जी
    आपकी पंखों की हद में सारा आसमान हो

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to read your views Akanksha :) And, yes content is the king!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saadi kudi te superstar bann gai :D

    ReplyDelete